Message Defence: How To Install The Microsoft Outlook Add-In
March 01, 2022 | 2 min read | Message Defence
In this video, Anthony from The HBP Group explains how to install the Microsoft Outlook add-in for Message Defence. If you prefer to find out how install the Message Defence add-in with written instructions, we have included these further down the page.
Stage 1: Installing the add-in
You can access the web version of Message Defence using your favourite web browser, such as Edge, Chrome or Firefox.
1) Go to login.messagedefence.net and click on the “Download Outlook Add-On Installer” below the sign in boxes.
2) If you see a message in the top right of your browser that says that the file cannot be downloaded securely, click on the three dots in the top right of the message and click on “Keep” and then “Keep Anyway”.
3) Once the file has been downloaded click on “Open File” and follow the instructions in the installation wizard. Once the installation is complete, Microsoft Outlook will open automatically.
Stage 2: Using the Add-In
1) Once Microsoft Outlook is open you will see two new buttons in the top right of Message Defence which allow you to “Mark as Spam” or “Mark as Not Spam”.
2) To notify Message Defence about an email which is either Spam or Not Spam, simply select the email and click the relevant button.
Stage 3: Configure Settings
1) To configure the settings of the Message Defence Outlook Add-In, go to File in the top left hand corner and go to “Barracuda Networks” and click “Configure”. This will bring up a small control panel to allow you to manage some of the preferences for the Add-In.
Request an IT Support Quote for your business
Fed up with the service from your current IT partner? Does your business deserve better? As well as creating helpful content like this for our customers we also provide a wide range of IT support, IT installations and Managed Services for businesses.