In this video, Callum from The HBP Group’s Tech How Team explains how to set up email forwarding using the web version of Microsoft Outlook in Office 365. If you prefer to find out how to set up automatic forwarding in Microsoft Outlook’s web version with written instructions, we have included these further down the page.
Stage 1: Logging Into Outlook
Using the web version of Microsoft Outlook to set up automatic forwarding is simple and straight forward. You can access the web version of Outlook using your favourite web browser, such as Edge, Chrome or Firefox.
1) Go to portal.office.com and log into your account.
2) Once logged in, go to the apps menu in the top left hand corner of the screen (9 squares) and click on ‘Outlook’.
Stage 2: Open Email Forwarding settings
1) Now that you are in Outlook, if email forwarding is currently on a notification will appear in the top left and you can click “Turn off”.
2) Untick “Enable Forwarding” in the Settings window and it is now turned off.
3) If it isn’t already on then click the Settings icon (that looks like a cog) in the top right.
4) In the search box that appears type “Forwarding” and select “Forwarding Settings”.
Stage 3: Apply Settings
1) In the Settings window that appears click the tick box next to “Enable Forwarding”.
2) Enter the email address you want your emails to be forwarded to in the text box.
3) Once you have the desired email address in the text box, click “Save” and you should see a notification in the top right telling you that “Email Forwarding” is now on.
Request an IT Support Quote for your business
Fed up with the service from your current IT partner? Does your business deserve better? As well as creating helpful content like this for our customers we also provide a wide range of IT support, IT installations and Managed Services for businesses.