In this video, Callum from The HBP Group’s Tech How Team explains how to set up a printer in Windows 10. If you prefer to find out how to set up a printer with written instructions, we have included these further down the page.
Adding A Printer Using Search
There are a couple of ways to add a printer in Windows 10, this method uses the search function in Windows 10.
1) In the Search Bar type “Add a printer“.
2) Click on Add a printer or scanner.
3) Click on the Add a printer or scanner option that appears. Your computer will start searching for the device you are trying to connect to.
4) When the printer you are trying to connect to appears, click Add device. This should now connect the printer to your computer.
Adding A Printer Through Control Panel
1) Type “Control” into the search bar.
2) Click on Control Panel.
3) Depending on your settings you will have either a few large icons or more smaller icons. If you have few larger icons click Add a device.
4) If you have more smaller icons click on Devices and Printers.
5) Click Add a printer.
6) Windows 10 will start scanning for new devices, when the printer you are wishing to connect to appears double click on it.
7) Once the printer is added you may print a test page.
8) Click Finish to complete the process of adding the printer.
Request an IT Support Quote for your business
Fed up with the service from your current IT partner? Does your business deserve better? As well as creating helpful content like this for our customers we also provide a wide range of IT support, IT installations and Managed Services for businesses.