Are you tired of struggling to accurately report on your financials? Pegasus XRL, Pegasus’ award-winning Business Intelligent application, allows you to seamlessly link your Opera 3 financial information with Microsoft Excel, so you can access live data and more effectively analyse and report.
Pegasus XRL allows Microsoft Excel to access live data in Opera 3 at the click of a mouse, so you don’t have to copy and paste, re-key or work out formulas. For years, accounting system users have had to struggle with complicated and inflexible reporting tools that are supposed to make things easier. In reality, they make extracting data into Excel a real trial. Not anymore.
With its flexibility, ease of use and advanced drilldown capabilities, Pegasus XRL delivers fast and accurate information to provide enhanced analytical power for better decision-making.
What Does Pegasus XRL Do?
Easy to Use
Pegasus XRL appears as an additional menu item in Excel. Making it easy for any Excel user with access to Pegasus to view and manipulate complex business reports in a familiar spreadsheet format.
The XRL Wizard helps to create reports by extracting the data into Excel. Simply select the Company which you want to extract data for, identify the area of the system you are interested in (such as Sales, Stock, Costing, Payroll) and choose the fields.
With XRL, you can easily create links between the data in Opera 3 and cells in a spreadsheet, so that you can design Management Reports such as P&L and Balance Sheets in Excel to present up-to-date, accurate information based on the live data within Opera 3. What’s more? It’s quick and easy with XRL.
Not only can you export data into Excel, but you can also interrogate those fields and drill down to the transactions behind them.
Writeback to Opera 3
The Data Send facility in XRL allows you to take information prepared in Excel and write it back into Opera 3. Information such as Nominal Budgets, Price Lists and Stock Adjustments can be entered with minimal effort.
Integration with Pegasus CIS (Construction Industry Solutions)
Pegasus XRL integrates with Pegasus CIS, allowing you to access the live data directly. Any data stored in Pegasus CIS can be dynamically interrogated in Excel. Analyse and report on all aspects of your Contracts, Jobs, Sales, Labour and Stock for greater control of expenditure and profitability of contracts.
Accuracy and security
When logging on, the system checks your user rights, ensuring that sensitive data is only accessible to the relevant personnel. Once this has been done, you can use XRL to display financial data in no time at all. XRL data is extracted straight out of the finance system, therefore eliminating the input errors common in manual spreadsheet use
In summary, here are the key features of Pegasus XRL:
- Seamless Integration with Microsoft Excel – Access XRL features within Microsoft Excel
- Summary or Detailed Reports – Reports are easily created using the XRL Report Wizard
- Powerful Designer – The XRL Report Designer allows reports to be designed and styled to your exact requirements
- Transaction Drilldown– Not only can XRL produce reports rapidly, but it also provides multi-level drilldown to the underlying transactions
- Report Library – Keep useful reports in a central repository for immediate access at any time
- Dynamic Links – Cells in Excel can be dynamically linked to Opera 3, ensuring the latest information is always displayed
- Cube Analysis – Allows data to be manipulated in many ways. Cube analysis allows data to be.
- Data Send – Allows Nominal Budgets, Price Lists and Stock Adjustments to be easily uploaded from Pegasus XRL to Opera 3
- Macro Manager – Allows non-technical users to automate their Excel Workbooks
- Security – Access to data is fully controlled by the Opera 3 Security Manager
- CRM – XRL reports seamlessly against CRM
- Pegasus CIS – In addition to Opera 3, XRL can report against all variants of Pegasus CIS
- Operations II – In addition to Opera 3, XRL can also be used with Operations II, our manufacturing solution