Sage 200 now comes with an invoicing module as part of the standard product. You can produce invoices and credit notes without using the stock or sales order processing module. This can be accessed from the Invoicing section of the main menu. If this is missing ask your Sage administrator to grant access.
Why use invoicing in Sage 200?
- You may want to use the invoicing module if you are a service business and don’t need to keep track of stock.
- You don’t have a despatch process
- No lead time between orders being placed and invoices being sent out
- Use Invoicing to create and print invoices and credit notes for both your products and services. You can print the invoices to send to your customers, and post them to update your nominal accounts, customer accounts and stock levels.
Difference between Invoicing and Sales Order Processing
- No allocation and despatch of stock items required
- Create and print invoice/credit notes at any time
- Ability to manually change nominal codes during invoice creation
The invoice Process in Sage 200
Once saved, the invoice will appear on the invoicing list with the customers details and a status of Draft
Until the invoice is printed it can be amended at any time. Select Print or Email to produce the invoice for your customer and once done so the status will update to printed.
Then finally select post, this will then give you the option to post all unposted invoices in the system, or just this one.
Once done the invoice will now appear on the customers ledger account.
- If an invoice has been recorded but not yet posted, it can be cancelled in the system with a cancellation reason specified. The invoice would then need to be re-entered with a difference invoice number.
- Invoices can be re-printed at any time, unlike free text invoices in the Sales Ledger.
- Invoice items can be created with a fixed price for your invoices, this may be useful for recurring items you sell / offer.
- Ability to record VAT only invoice and credit notes.
- Can use multiple invoice layout templates for different customers.