Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central supports all areas of the business, including finance, CRM, supply chain management, project management, HR and service management and empowers businesses to connect financials, sales, projects, service and operations.
Who is Microsoft Dynamic 365 Business Central for?
Microsoft already have customers using Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central across a wide range of industries and is ideal for businesses in the SME market who no longer want siloed systems that are not well connected, duplicate data, manual process, insufficient reporting across different solutions or the risk of security issues.
What are the benefits of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is an incredibly feature rich piece of software, built from enterprise grade solutions and adapted to meet the needs of small and medium sized businesses. Typically, this means there are fewer (if any) requirements for third party add-ons and virtually all key business processes are covered as standard.
It is an end-to-end business solution which features:
- A holistic approach. Unlike finance or accounting packages, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central doesn’t break down into different section or modules as it is one complete ERP system. The key areas of functionality included with an Essentials Licence include:
- Core Financials: nominal ledgers, fixed assets, cashbook, sales ledger and purchase ledger, currency and VAT control
- Purchasing: SOP and POP
- CRM: customers and opportunity management, campaign management
- Stock: stock control and basic warehouse management, BOM
- A common database. This means you have a 360-degree view of your business. Data in common database gives your users a shared, consistent view of data.
- Real-time availability of data. The integration with Power BI enables visual graphs and reports to be created for any area of the system. However, what really makes a difference to many businesses is the ability to create multiple “dimensions” against any product or service.
- Integrated functionalities. Because both Office 365 and Dynamics 365 are developed by Microsoft, the integration is incredibly powerful and allows key business processes to be driven from within Dynamics or within Office 365 applications, for example Outlook.
- Ability to configure job roles and authorisation. Easily configure roles and access of users and personalise pages for more efficient ways of working.
- It is in the cloud. That means you can access any of your data in real-time through any device with an internet access – mobile, tablet and desktop. It allows for greater security of your data and diminishes the chance of losing any of your data through local hardware malfunctions.
How do I migrate my data into Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Data can be imported from any system to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. You can easily transfer information about customers, vendors, inventory, and bank accounts.
What does Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central integrate with?
You can extend Dynamics 365 Business Central to fit industry or business needs with integrated add-on apps. Connect to data sources and services, such as Excel files, SharePoint lists and CRM records with Microsoft PowerApps.
You can also connect with third party applications like payroll, banking, CRM, or industry-specific systems.
What makes Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central different from other finance packages?
Unlike many accounting or finance packages designed for small and medium sized businesses, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is completely cloud-based. This means that the software is hosted for you in a data centre and is accessed via a browser. This comes with various benefits including free software updates, the ability to access the software from any device and being able to access Dynamics 365 from anywhere with an internet connection.
Dynamics 365 integration into the Office 365 is also a key feature of the software. Whilst other software can link to Office 365 packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook, Dynamics 365 takes this to a new level with a fully integrated process, including being able to action important tasks directly through an email in Outlook, such as raising a quote or sending an invoice.
Finally, the combination of Microsoft technology and the cloud nature of Dynamics 365 means that the in-built security levels are far beyond what any finance package in the SME space can offer. With Dynamics 365 hosted on Microsoft’s Azure platform, users benefit from enterprise level protection and with the addition of Azure AD integration (for approving user logins) and 2 Factor Authentication (to prevent non-approved login attempts) the security provided is incredibly high as standard.
How much does Dynamics 365 Business Central cost?
Licencing from Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is available in three types:
- Team User. £6 per month: has read/view access to most records
- Essentials User. £52.80 per month: has access to all areas of the system
- Premium Users. £75.80 per month: provides additional access to Manufacturing and Warehouse Management functionality
(Prices all correct as of October 2021.)
In addition to licence costs, you will also need to consider your installation costs. You can find out more about these from The HBP Group below.
How do I get Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Although Microsoft licences can be purchased directly from Microsoft, it’s rare that businesses choose to do this and, like many Microsoft products, are provided by one of the expert partners across the country, such as The HBP Group.
This enables users to purchase licences, implementation and support from a partner who can act as a point of contact and reassurance in future.
If you are looking to migrate to smarter business processes and systems and are considering Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, The HBP Group can offer you two seamless implementation methods based on your business needs and desires.
SmartStart and SmartScope are our two implementation methods. Both offer clear project scopes, fixed pricing and a clear set of features and functionalities that will be configured as part of the implementation process.
SmartStart is designed for businesses who want to carry out as much of the implementation process as possible themselves. SmartStart is broken down into packs, so the basic configuration and set up is carried out by The HBP Group but data imports, customisations and specific workflows are created by the end user – reducing the cost of the overall implementation, but requiring more input from the customer.
SmartScope is a fully managed process for implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. Starting with a detailed scoping session, we will understand all of the processes required for a successful implementation and create a plan and fixed price quote to cover all areas. From there, we will manage everything from data import, software customisation, report creation and specific workflow processes. Just like SmartStart, SmartScope is broken down into packs, so we can agree with the end user which areas of the software are required and what level of customisation is needed.
What prices do SmartStart and SmartScope start from?
Prices with SmartStart begin from £4,250 and SmartScope from £5,100.
A typical 20 user system (10 standard users and 10 team users) using our SmartScope option would cost approximately £7,000 in licences per year with a one-off installation cost of between £7,000 and £12,000 and optional support packages available.
It’s important to note, Microsoft do not offer end-user support for Dynamics 365 Business Central. Support for the product comes from a Microsoft accredited partner, such as The HBP Group who have over 30 years’ experience of helping businesses to move to new accounts software packages.
How long does a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central implementation take?
The fastest way we offer deployment of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central comes from our SmartStart service, where core financial functionality can be prepared in 5 days. However, this pack requires input from the end-user to import data and configure the system themselves.
Our basic SmartScope package, where implementation is fully managed, starts at 8 days.
As you would expect, both packages can be scaled up depending on the functionality required and in the most complex of projects, installation times could be around 30-40 days (though this is rare.)
To find out more about Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and to see how it can benefit you and your business download our free brochure.