Jet Reports Version 22.3
Improved security, improved visibility and Microsoft technology alignment.
Jet Reports version 22.3 is now available. Highlights include:
- Microsoft Technology Alignment
- Improved Security and Authentication
- Usability Upgrades
- Essential Enhancements
Jet Reports Microsoft Alignment – Default ODATA Connection
To ensure that Jet Reports continues to be fully in alignment with Microsoft technology, the default connection for new customers has been updated from SOAP to ODATA in preparation for Microsoft’s upcoming SOAP deprecation.
Improved Security and Authentication – Jet Reports Updated On-Prem Authentication
To reduce security risk, Jet Reports now allows authentication to NAV or BC on-prem data sources with Office 365 credentials if multi-factor authentication is enabled on the users Office 365 account.
Usability Improvements – Table Relationships (Released in 22.2.1)
To help Jet Reports users gain a clearer understanding of the relationships between various tables included in their report, Jet Reports now shows the table relationship detail in the Jet Reports browser.
Essential Enhancements – Critical Issues Fixed
To provide a better user experience and greater customer satisfaction, Jet Reports version 22.3 has a strong focus on release quality and addresses many customer-reported issues.
- Corrected an issue with BC Web Services where reports would not return data after approximately two hours of run-time. Corrected an issue where the drilldown would return an error when filtering with the ‘One Unknown Character’ filter.
- Corrected an issue where reports run in NAV Web Services would crash before completion.
- Corrected an issue where editing a schedule task via the Scheduler would reset the path when configured to output a CSV or TXT file type.
- Corrected an issue in Jet Basics where simulation mode displayed unusable options to customers.
- Corrected an issue where in some cases when using NF, the period name column was not working correctly, and the #VALUE errors would occur.
- Corrected an issue where attempting to run or upload a report against a non-BC Cloud data source forced BC Cloud authentication so long as a shared BC Cloud data source existed.
- Corrected an issue for non-US regional settings where when filtering a date time, the date did not convert to US format as the web service expected, resulting in an error.