Are you passionate and experienced in developing and leading a high performing team?
Then this role may be the one for you!
Who are we?
The HBP Group is the number one choice for many businesses across the UK looking for reliable, award-winning business technology. Providing a range of services including local IT Support, Accounts software and EPOS solutions. We offer our customers a range of the best market-leading products and services to streamline complex business processes and increase efficiency. We have 3 offices including our head office in Scunthorpe, an office in Hull and another office in Peterborough.
What will the role include?
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled and experienced manager, that understands what a high performing team is, to work with a well established high performing IT Professional Services & Operations Team, delivering outstanding service delivery to our clients.
Accountable for the overall performance and success of our IT Professional Services & Operations Team; and continued implementation and management of our operational and technical delivery processes.
The role will be based from our Scunthorpe office and will involve leading a team of 8 engineers and 2 Operational coordinators within our IT Professional service team. Working closely alongside the team and esnureing the high-quality delivery of IT solutions into our customer base. The role requires Someone with Project Management experience and Someone with great attention to detail and customer experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive and customer-focused individual with strong management abilities and a passion for technology.
1. Team Management
- Inspire, lead, supervise, coach, and develop the IT helpdesk team (including 1st, 2nd, 3rd line engineers), to deliver exceptional customer service at all times through your management style. Ensuring the team adheres to established Customer Service Level Agreements.
- Adopt the Best Companies MC3 model standard, focusing on 4 main elements that directly impact the engagement levels of the team (Motivating, Considering, Conversing and Caring). You will deliver not only KPI’s specific to the team, but as we strive to be the best today and better tomorrow, you will be committed to working with each member of the team, to find a perfect blend between the desires of the individual and the requirements of the business. Assigning tasks, setting goals, and monitoring team members’ performance. You will provide regular one to ones /feedback and hold effective team meetings, to ensure high-quality performance is sustained.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and professional growth.
- Promote our values and be committed to creating a great place to work, with world class accreditation.
- Implement and maintain the learning and development of the team.
- Build resilience in the team by minimising single points of failure.
- Own the helpdesk internal and end user related documentation ensuring it is maintained and updated.
- Ensure the team delivers excellent customer onboarding.
- Actively request feedback from our customers on our service to help continually improve our customer experience.
- Commit to active involvement in the wider Group management team and contribute to the success of the business and our overall strategy.
2. Project & Process Delivery
- Continuously evaluate and improve operational processes, methodologies and tools.
- Identify areas for efficiency gains and implement best practices within the team.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to streamline workflows and optimise resource utilisation.
- Proactively seek feedback from team members and stakeholders to identify areas of improvement.
- Stay updated with industry trends and emerging technologies to drive continued development of processes and technology.
- Implement quality assurance processes to ensure the delivery of high-quality solutions and services.
- Conduct regular QA reviews to identify areas of improvement and address any gaps in process or procedure.
- Collaborate with IT Customer Experience Team to deliver overall Exceptional Service Delivery.
3. Resource Management
- Allocate and manage resources effectively to meet project demands and deadlines.
- Identify resource gaps and work with the People Team to recruit and onboard new team members.
- Conduct capacity planning to ensure the team is appropriately staffed.
- Coordinate with other teams and departments to leverage resources and expertise as needed.
- Track and manage project budgets, ensuring optimal resource utilization and cost control.
4. KPI Management
Generate regular reports on team performance, project status, and key metrics.
Analyse data to identify trends, issues, and areas for improvement.
Present reports and analysis to senior management and stakeholders.
Use data-driven insights to make informed decisions and drive operational efficiency.
Implement dashboards or other visualization tools to provide real-time visibility into project status.
Essential Key Skills and Experience
- Extensive Project Management Experience (Prince 2, Agile or Waterfall)
- Passion for technology.
- Proven experience in a similar role (min. 2 years)
- Forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated team management abilities with experience of leading a high performing team.
- Customer focused mindset; process and procedure driven.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment.
In addition, the following would be a bonus, not a requirement!
- Strong IT Knowledge.
- Project Management Qualifications (Prince 2, Agile or Waterfall)
We are looking for a People Manager (with demonstrable experience)
- Who is motivated by building relationships with colleagues, coaching employees to reach their full potential and aligning goals toward a common objective.
- Who has a can-do attitude, that sets high standards of excellence, but outlines how their team can get there and give them the tools and support to do so.
- Who can have tough conversations. Management isn’t always easy, and sometimes you have to engage in difficult conversations with employees. We believe in open and honest two way conversations and expect you not to shy away from this; instead, view it as a learning opportunity for both parties.
- Who is open to receiving feedback.
- Someone who exudes confidence and relishes challenge.
- Who possesses an ability to problem-solve and make decisions – part of the role will be spotting and solving problems on a daily basis. This requires outstanding attention to detail and the ability to remain calm under pressure. To ensure that your team is productive, and that workflow runs smoothly, you’ll have to think on your feet when problems arise. Creative thinking will help you to come up with innovative solutions that minimise the impact on your team and the business as a whole.
- Who is a great communicator – You’ll liaise with a variety of people, from entry-level employees to senior management, in a number of different ways – via email, over the phone and in presentations, meetings and one-to-ones. Effective communication is key ensuring it is clear, concise, concrete, correct, coherent, complete, courteous.
- Who shows high emotional intelligence – we believe our managers need emotional intelligence to be effective. This means having the self-awareness, self-control, motivation, empathy, and social skills needed to behave in a mature, wise, empathetic way with the people around you.
Why work for us?
Here at the HBP Group we are passionate about our business and our customers, and believe our people are our most valuable asset. Driven by our commitment to creating a great place to work for all our staff, we are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience.
Accredited to The Living Wage Foundation, we are a Real Living Wage Employer and this year we were awarded Best Companies “One To Watch” accreditation. However, we’re not going to stop there and are focused on achieving 3 Star “World Class employer to work for” accreditation in the future.
That’s why it’s a great time to join The HBP Group… As we continue our successful journey with exciting and achievable growth plans, we want to focus not only on our overall commercial objectives but creating a great working environment for our staff to thrive.
That’s why we are looking for people who are passionate, trustworthy, and forward-thinking to join our team.
So, on top of the normal benefits, we think some of the amazing reasons to join us are:
- Hybrid working arrangements *
- 28 days of holiday, plus bank holidays = 36 days holiday total!
- Option to sell back holiday*
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme*
- A pro-active team of staff who organise regular social events and sporting activities – This includes a Mid-Year and Year End Appreciation Party. We also have a number of themed office days including for Pancake day and also to support our chosen charities.
- A friendly inclusive environment across the whole office – we really are a great bunch!
- Charity activities to raise money for staff-selected causes – events include bi-annual 3 Peaks challenge and our annual Game a Thon.
- Enhanced Maternity Pay *
- Enhanced Paternity Pay *
- Enhanced Bereavement Leave, with our “Time to say goodbye leave”
- Free lunches
- Casual business dress code (with option to choose from our free workwear wardrobe selection)
- Christmas Thank You Bonus *
- Support and guidance from your very first day!
- Tailored Training Plans to support success in your role.
- Personal Development Plans to support career advancement.
- On-site parking
- Company Sick Pay *
- Wellness activities
* Length of service eligibility criteria
If you think you fit the description above and you like the sound of what we have to offer…then this could be a great opportunity for you to join a growing, well-established business and progress your career.
Closing Date: 10.12.2023 – we reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 per year, depending on experience
Apply on Indeed >