In this video, Callum from The HBP Group’s Tech How Team explains how to create automatic replies using the web version of Microsoft Outlook in Office 365. If you prefer to find out how to set up automatic replies in Microsoft Outlook’s web version with written instructions, we have included these further down the page.
Stage 1: Logging Into Outlook
Using the web version of Microsoft Outlook to set up automatic replies is simple and straight forward. You can access the web version of Outlook using your favourite web browser, such as Edge, Chrome or Firefox.
1) Go to portal.office.com and log into your account.
2) Once logged in, go to the apps menu in the top left hand corner of the screen (9 squares) and click on ‘Outlook’.
Stage 2: Open Automatic Reply settings
1) Now that you are in Outlook, click the Settings icon (that looks like a cog) in the top right.
2) In the search box that appears type “Auto” and select “Automatic Replies”.
Stage 3: Apply Settings
1) In the Settings window that appears click the toggle next to “Turn on automatic replies”.
2) You can then choose to have replies sent during a specific time period that Automatic Replies are active, have different automatic replies set for both internally and externally of your organisation, as well as being able to choose if any automatic replies are sent to external emails.
3)Once you have your desired settings, click “Save” and you should see a notification in the top right telling you that Automatic Replies are now on
Stage 4: Turn off/Change Settings
1) To turn off automatic replies simply click “turn off” on the notification. Alternatively search in “auto” after clicking the Settings icon again if you wish to change your settings or you have dismissed the notification.
2) To turn off in the Settings window, just click the toggle next to “Automatic replies on” or change your settings as required and click “Save”
Request an IT Support Quote for your business
Fed up with the service from your current IT partner? Does your business deserve better? As well as creating helpful content like this for our customers we also provide a wide range of IT support, IT installations and Managed Services for businesses.