In this video, Anthony from The HBP Group explains how to install Duo on a mobile phone. If you prefer to find out how to install Duo with written instructions, we have included these further down the page.
Stage 1: Logging In To Outlook
In this tutorial we show you have to use Duo 2FA after it has been activated for your organisation.
1) Start by opening an internet browser and visiting outlook.office.com before entering your email and password. Once you have logged in you will be promoted to set up Duo for your mobile device.
2) Click on “Start setup”, select the “Mobile phone” option and then enter your mobile phone number, ticking the box to confirm it has been entered correctly, before clicking “Continue”. You will then be promoted to confirm the type of phone you are using.
Stage 2: Installing The Duo App
1) On your mobile phone go to the App store and search for “Duo Mobile” and then click to download and install the app.
2) Follow the tutorial on the phone until you reach “Use a QR code”. At this point click on “I have Duo Mobile” in your browser and a QR code will appear. Click on “Use a QR code” on your phone and scan the on screen QR code.
3) Following the instructions on your phone, name your account and click “Save”.
4) Once you have completed this set up you can follow a “Practice Now” demonstration of how the software works. This tutorial will give you examples of how the software works and how you should use it.
5) Once the tutorial is completed click on “Allow Notifications” and click “Allow”. This will ensure you are notified when you attempt to login to one of your accounts.
Stage 3: Completing The Set Up
1) To finalise your set up go back to the browser and scroll down on the small Duo window and click “Continue” and then confirm the details on screen as well as choosing an authentication method, which we recommend as “Automatically send this device to a Duo Push” and the click “Continue to Login”.
2) You should now click “Send Me a Push” and on your phone can click “Approve” to complete the login.#
Request an IT Support Quote for your business
Fed up with the service from your current IT partner? Does your business deserve better? As well as creating helpful content like this for our customers we also provide a wide range of IT support, IT installations and Managed Services for businesses.