What’s included in the Anti-Virus & Anti-Malware Baseline Pack?
Our baseline pack configures each of the above elements, ensuring that different levels of web control are considered throughout the business, our best practices are implemented to protect your devices and the software is rolled out to all devices and servers as required.
Please hover over the “What is this❔” text for any additional information about each step.
- Configuration of Microsoft “Attack Surface Reduction” rules, which prevent common methods used to attack a device, such as restricting the ability to run suspicious scripts, launch executable files and perform any behaviours which would be unexpected in normal day-to-day work.
- Configuration of anti-virus policies in line with our best practice settings, including web filtering, real time monitoring, scanning of removeable media, script scanning, signature recognition, PUA (potentially unwanted application) blocking as well as setting up schedules for regular scanning and updates. Please note, as standard social media and recruitment sites are not blocked unless requested.
- Once our baseline is configured, we will create up to 4 separate policies to adjust web filtering (e.g., which website categories staff members are allowed on) and roll out to the relevant devices and servers as required.
- We will configure access required for our future management of the solution and, if used, set up Microsoft Intune for remote management and device roll out in the future.
- Installation of anti-virus on devices (and servers if required) and removal of existing anti-virus software from existing devices.